THE STUDENTS GUILD OF VISION FOR AFRICA INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
Stanley Katumba, Guild President
The guild cabinet is the figurehead of the students and also acts as a link between the students and the administration of the college. It is headed by the Guild president who is democratically voted by the students in accordance with the existing guidelines of the college.
The key responsibilities
- It acts as the figurehead of the students.
- Taking a student lead on representation and strategy.
- Acting as the principle point of contact for student matters in the local community.
- Ensuring that the students’ voice is heard.
- To act as the chair of trustee board as the students organization committee.
- To talk to the sabbatical officers on issues concerning the students welfare.
- To campaign for change using student ideas and concerns as a focus.
- To promote and bring out change based on manifesto promises by the guild cabinet members.
- To run the students guild funds appropriately with proper accountability.
What we do
- Organizing communal work in relation to sanitation to improve on the cleanliness of our environment with strengthening union between the two parties.
- Organizing cultural events in order to improve on our fading traditions in this modern error.
- Organizing sports events within and outside the local community surrounding the college.
- Organizing adventure day outs embracing union among the students.
- To organize charity days to the poor and the needy.
- Create businesses by the guild funds according to student entrepreneurial ideas.
- To carry out knowledge i.e. teaching people the some of the things we learn mainly business based.
- Organizing students parties in general.